Monday, May 11, 2009

How Lucky Am I??



Yeah - I have 2 of the cutest nieces ever. And I just happen to be staying with a family that has 2 other very cute girls. For the first time this weekend, the 2 houses combined and what we had was a weekend of fun, sun and...oh yeah I was pretty much superfluous. In a good way. Except I missed the extra attention I usually get when I keep the girls. (pictured above - Savannah, Emily and Mikayla making a Katie Taco)

The kids arrived on Friday evening -not a lot of time to do more than, oh I don't know, meet up at the Galleria, eat lots of frozen yogurt, play bball and red light/green light and races in the gym and watch Enchanted in the theater. I knew this was going to be a late night, but I'm pretty sure they stayed awake later than I did.

Mikayla sleeping on my floor - she just looked so cute and snuggly!


Savannah and Emily doing the mosaic craft for Mother's day (while Mikayla slept)


They found the beach ball Emily Eyre gave me for my birthday. And they found the perfect place to play - the storage room. I know I know, we played ball all the time in our storage room while I was growing up. Except we didn't because we didn't have room to toss the ball in there. Since it's a closet. Hahaha


Finally we got to the pool. There was much lounging, swimming, jumping off the side, sliding down the slide - it was awesome.



Mikayla of course found the dogs. Their names are T.J. and Maxx - think their owner loves to shop? (hint:yes!!)


On Sunday, we went to early church, then while we waited for Melissa to come to celebrate Mother's Day and her Birthday, Katie helped Mikayla make a Mother's Day card...and everyone painted their toenails. We were so beautiful!



Celebrating Melissa's big 30. Yeah her shirt is cute and yeah I made her necklace. I know - it's awesome. LOL


It was such a fun weekend, I love having the girls, and I have always wanted to be a mom and this gets as close as possible right now. So...why is it that when they left, i breathed just a tiny sigh of relief as I collapsed on my couch in my house full silence...?

I love you guys!!

3 comments:

Elmer said...

Wow, you really packed a lot in that weekend! And I'm glad to see the beach ball being put to good use.

tami said...

What a cute bunch of girls and what a wonderful way to spend a weekend!
Everything looked like soooooo much fun--Wish I could have been there! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Sweetie,
It looks like you had quite a weekend. I think it's great that Ricks kids enjoy being with you. We also like to be with you. We're looing forward to your visit this weekend.
Love,
Dad