Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Excitement

Now that I have that dreary sum-up post out of the way, I can move on to WAY more fun things. For Easter weekend, we started the fun when Grant and Melissa and the girls picked me up in Austin. We went to see an IMAX movie of Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. Mikayla chatted with me the entire time "can I grab it?" (as things flew out of the screen) "Is she a monster?" "Is she the alien's mom?"...it was awesome. Then we explored a little of Austin and had a great time, and I had a little nap on the drive back to Killeen.

Saturday morning, we woke up, bathed the girls and headed out for a day of fun. I gave them mom's Easter outfits and we ended up taking their pics - SO CUTE (you'll have to ask Melissa for that picture though!) But before that we did Manicures and Pedicures. Mikalya was too short for the chair, but the girls were very nice and accomodating.

Mani's...Melissa's nails were a lot more wild than mine...but I might have to go out of town for work so I thought I better stay pretty normal. Her's are so cute though!!!


Pedi's - I know - it's like 3 of Melissa's feet - her and her girls have the same toes! So cute!

Sunday morning - around 4:30, we had a HUGE thunderstorm. Savannah came rushing into my room begging to sleep with me. Of course I told her that was fine and then when we woke up in the morning we just talked for awhile. After a few mix-ups with her words, she informed me "I think my brain is broke. Do you think I can get a new one?" We talked about where she might get one. Her suggestion? Wal-mart! I let her know that a quality brain is most likely not to be had at Wal-mart...so I suggested the brain kiosk at the Mall...there has to be one right? There is a Kiosk for everything!!

Mikayla in "waiting" mode - playing the drums. Thankfully they were turned off.


The girls got to wait in my room until their parents were awake enough to let them go see what the Easter Bunny had left them. We had a couple hours in my room. I distinctly remember Melissa saying to Savannah, as Savannah was complaining that she'd been waiting a long time..."It's not my fault you wake up early!" haha - I thought that was funny because...well whose fault is it? lol

Later in the day, we dyed Easter eggs, ate as many of the treats as we could stuff down our throats and had a wonderful dinner. I even got my own easter basket - which was a bowl...which is currently the only big bowl I own! So how's that for luck?


Dying eggs
my Easter basket/bowl

Mikayla and her stash

yes - the dogs got new clothes too!

The girls got their brand new dresses (while we were shopping on sat we found the CUTEST shoes for the girls - little clear heels with rhinestones...almost like glass slippers!)


Then we celebrated my Birthday


Sadly - that was the end of the weekend. Melissa and the girls drove me back to the place I call home at this time. All in all it was a wonderful weekend. I was so glad I got to share it with family - even though I wasn't home to be with the big family! So THANKS MELISSA!!

4 comments:

tami said...

Kimi! We love and miss you! Happy birthday in....six days! I love your mani/pedis :) Can't wait to come visit you guys!-love Jenn, Andrew, and Caramello

tami said...

Oh, my! Your pictures are awesome!! We miss ya'all so much! Sounds like you had a most wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing :)
Love ya!

Elmer said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...much more exciting than mine. Now, where are the pictures of your "house?"

Marissa Marie said...

Those girls have grown up so much since I last saw them. They hardly look the same! Cute Easter dresses.