Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our One Fine Fall Day



So we have one day a year I think, when the weather is beautiful, the leaves are falling on the ground and we can all play outside. And that's exactly what we did. Carmelo the dog, Natalie, Emily, Robert, Isabella, Mom, Nate and I all played for hours. It started with raking the leaves, it ended with raking the leaves - but in between there was burying the dog, burying the baby, lots of throwing leaves, a missing shoe, tons of dirt, a shovel, rake and 2 brooms. Good thing, because it rained all night and the leaves are not fun to play with anymore. Oh - and I can see into my neighbors house when there are no leaves on the tree. A little disconcerting I must say!

Carmelo - almost totally buried. His favorite though, was finding the left over food in the garden. Even though he had to dig through layers and layers of leaves, I think he ate almost every last bit of food. What a piglet!


Natalie was able to pick up a lot bigger piles of leaves than Robert - I think that's why Robert had a lot more dirt and leaves from head to toe. That kid was a mess!

Carmelo and Isabella are about the same size - and both of them loved being buried in the leaves!

1 comment:

tami said...

Even though you might have had a lot to clean up afterwards, you have to admit that we will have fun memories of that day!