Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Trip Pics - St. Louis


So I flew into St. Louis on Wednesday and all we did that day was eat dinner and play some games. Thursday we got up bright and early to see the Old Courthouse, the Arch before the baseball game. The Old Courthouse is really colorful inside. There was a cool model and lots of tiers like a cake. There was a special annual storytelling thing going on at all the major sites around St. Louis that day so they weren't showing the movie at the courthouse about Dread Scott. However, I was feeling like I needed to learn, so I asked to watch it privately and they let us watch it in a little hallway. It was really cool of them to do that.
Glass Model of the entire courthouse:

Inside tiers:


After the courthouse, we headed to the arch.

To go up you take a tram that is about the size of an elevator, only shorter. you sit on these tiny seats. Then you go all the way up. It was really windy and we could actually feel the tram swaying.


Once we were on the top there was an amazing view. Did you know the arch is taller than the Statue of Liberty, the red wood trees and even the Seattle Space Needle??


Inside the top of the arch where you could really feel it moving. It was a little like walking on a ship during a storm.

View of the stadium and the city of St. Louis from the arch:


After touring inside the arch, we went underneath it where there's a big museum. Again,none of the movies were showing so we stopped to listen to a few storytellers. They were really kind of fun to watch - it made it not quite so sad that the movies weren't playing.


Lots of old stuff at the museum. I liked this buffalo hide boat. I don't think I'd want to float in it though.


We headed over to the baseball field in time to buy my hat and some lunch before the game started. the view of the arch from the stadium was really pretty amazing:


Forrest bought me cracker jacks to make sure my baseball experience was complete:


Couple last pics of the arch. I was pretty sad to leave:


1 comment:

tami said...

You sure make the most of your trips--makes me want to come along!! What beautiful photos, and what a great way to show them!!

You are soooo CUTE!!