Friday, October 17, 2008

5 quirky things - Thanks Em

As my first official Blog response, I decided to answer Em's tag to say 6 quirky things about myself. I can't add pictures because I don't know how and I'm too tired to try right now. Sorry. And Em - if some of them sound like yours - sorry - but they are mine too. That must be why we're friends.

1. I get super excited about new things, I go crazy taking lessons, planning my future with this new skill, buying all the supplies, etc. Then I usually give it up right away. I know it sounds like a typical child thing to do, but it's just how I have always worked. I can't even count the number of things I've done. Violin (a few times), Piano (a few times - and I even bought a baby grand), scrapbooking, stampin-up, jewelry making, raquetball, golfing, bowling, dancing, flower arranging, horseback riding, sign language, Hebrew, french, portuguese, and I don't even know what else. You can ask my mom - she probably has a thousand more that I can't think of.

2. I am a picky eater. I love salads-especially cobb and wedge. Yum. I hate seafood. I won't touch raw meat - I think it's vile and disgusting, so cooking is a challenge, but I don't mind eating it. The good thing about me though (if I had to find something good in being picky) is that I will try things every now and then to make sure it's not just in my head. I wish that if I had to be picky, I could not like chocolate, ice cream and brownies. Sadly - I love those things.

3. I had a blankie until I was 12. I tried giving it up so many times and just couldn't. When I finally did, my mom pulled it from the the garbage and saved it. I saw it a few years ago and it looks like rats got at it - but my mom swears it was just me sucking and chewing on it. It was my greatest comfort for so many years, and it shows! When I sleep, I still curl my arms up to my chest like I'm holding it - sometimes I grab my pillow (I use a long body pillow curled around me) or sometimes I grab my covers. I think it's cute. :-)

4. I have a very set pattern for getting ready in the morning and I go a little nuts when I can't follow it. When I travel, because I do it often, I have a very set secondary pattern. That's for hotels. When I'm at someone's home I go a little crazy.

5. Ummmm...I can't really think of one...let's see...oh here's one. I love IM'ing and texting. But not when a guy does it to ask you out. I think it's lame. I like to talk on the phone or face to face. The texting and IM'ing should be for friends, family, or supplemental in-between dates. I guess that's more of a pet peeve, but there you go.

6. I make up stories in my head. If I watch a movie or read a book and I don't like the ending, I will completley re-write it in my head, usually instead of sleeping. I sometimes have a hard time sleeping, so I spend a lot of time doing this. I once wrote an entire sequel to The Scarlet Pimpernell...starring me. I really think I should have been in that one, only I would have married Sir Antonthy Dewhurst. He was hot.

2 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Really, Anthony Dewhurst? I guess I'll have to take a gander, don't know what he looks like off the top of my head. Em, you need to keep tagging her...

Elmer said...

Thanks for humoring me. :) I was going to mention my hotel and out-of-town morning routines too. It's just not the same as being at home and it kinda messes up my day. I hate that!