Thursday, October 30, 2008

Savannah



Savannah...what can I say. Since she was little, she's talked and acted like an adult. She cracks me up sometimes. Yesterday, I called to just say Hi, and after I'd talked to her for a second, she said "Kimi, can I tell you something?" So I said of course and she said, "I don't think I'm ready to be baptized. I don't think I can keep all the commandments." So we talked for awhile about how it was her decision. But I also tried to reassure her that she didn't have to be perfect. She just needed to try. And to have a desire to be good. She told me that she didn't always want to be good. She said "Sometimes when Mikayla has my stuff, I'm going to take it from her even if I already know she's going to cry about it." At this point - I was laughing, but trying not to let her hear me, because she was just so serious about it. But then my favorite part was when I asked her what commandments she didn't think she could keep. She said "the one about no touching things in the store, and the one about being nice. I just can't keep those ones". HAHA She's so sweet, and very very innocent. The whole thing ended by me telling her not to stress out. She still has a few months, and I don't want her getting an ulcer before she's 8. She is so sweet though, and just the fact that she's worried about it tells me she's probably more prepared than I ever was at her age. I'm so proud of her and of how much she cares and thinks about things. What a cutie!!

1 comment:

tami said...

Savannah IS a cutie! You were right to reassure her. That's all she really needs for now. Thanks for all the cute pics you put up!