Friday, October 31, 2008

Cayden James Daich



My nephew Cayden was born yesterday at just over a month early. He is only 5 pounds, 5 ounces, and is so cute. But sadly he wasn't getting the oxygen he needed so they carted him off to the NICU. Last time I was in the NICU it was to bring the healthier babies into the regular nursery b/c the NICU at LDS was full. Cayden looks healthier than pretty much all of those babies. And bigger. Anyway, only 2 people could see him at a time, so after scrubbing up to my elbows I went over to see him. We couldn't hold him but I touched his little arm. Of course myhands were cold from the water so he recoiled...totally understandable. I wanted to wrap him up in a blanket and carry him away. He has an IV in his head (very sad to see) and bruises on his hands where they had the IV before (I think). Anyway, we're sure he's going to be ok, but he might have to spend a little time in the hospital.

Pictures will be coming. He is SO CUTE and TINY!!!

1 comment:

tami said...

Just visited him again--he's addicting! Thanks for the picture, Kimi!