Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What?? Me?? STRESS??? Never

So - in case you couldn't tell, I've been feeling a lot of stress for various reasons lately. And just when I thought I had a nice free day of travel from Seattle to Salt Lake, my whole world flopped over. My company was asked to help with the ad placement of Prop 8 in California. I had only a small window to change my flight, get on the plane, get home, and start trying to direct this mess. It's been fun, but a challenge. Anyway, I've had a headache for like 2 days straight, so when Marissa sent an uplifting thoughts email, I didn't really want to read it. BUT...I did. And I really liked one particular part. I've heard it before, I'm sure we all have. But sometimes, it's good to be reminded of the important things in life. The picture is to bring me some serenity and peace....ahhh...



...yes...now I feel peace...so here goes:

1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that's worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
11. Commit yourself to constant improvement.
12. Commit yourself to quality.
13. Understand that happiness is not based on possessions, power or prestige, but on relationship with people you love and respect.
14. Be loyal.
15. Be honest.
16. Be a self-starter.
17. Be decisive even it it means you'll sometimes be wrong.
18. Stop blaming others. Take responsibility for every area of your life.
19. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on your life, you'll regret the things you didn't do more than the ones you did.
20. Take good care of those you love.
21. Don't do anything that wouldn't make your Mom proud

4 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Good luck on the busy schedule! And glad that one of the quotes resonated with you! You know I'm a quote junkie, and sometimes I'll hear a quote I've heard before and it has a new meaning to me. Go prop 8! See, you're on your way to running for office, since you are getting involved in political advertising. ;)

Kimi said...

The prospect of spending millions of dollars in one day is a little overwhelming. I had to get some caffeine to help me function. Now I'm shaking b/c I drank too much too fast. Sigh...there is just no in between with me!! LOL

tami said...

I loved ALL the quotes...it's hard to say which one will help me the most today, but surely one of them will!

Kelly said...

Your blog is amazing. I loved the beautiful picture. I really think I'm going to do better on my mid-term tonight now.