Monday, July 20, 2009

Goodbye Kimi! I'm really gonna miss....Bailey!!

What? Excuse me Mikayla?? You're going to miss the DOG? And not even MY dog! My boss's dog! Sigh....

So I took the girls for the weekend (in case you hadn't guessed) and we had a pretty entertaining weekend all in all. But sometimes I would just start cracking up over the things these too would say! When Mikayla left, she was all teary..."Bye Kimi" she said. "I'm really going to miss...Bailey." And I said "And who else?"..."And Katie and Emily", and Melissa said, "And Kimi", and she said "oh yeah...sniff...".

So anyhow, Melissa and Grant needed a babysitter on Friday so Melissa brought the girls to me early in the day. We went to Harry Potter since I was going with work peeps anyway (I know - rough life).

Savannah, Mikayla and I getting ready to watch the Movie.



Savannah did great and enjoyed the movie. Mikayla (and therefore me) did not have such a fantastic time. That girl is antsy and I think ADD. Of course it was a 2 1/2 hr movie so I can kind of understand, but it was all I could do to keep her semi-quiet. And Melissa swears she saves her appetite for when she's at my house - she was starving all through the movie poor kid! I gave her 4 cereal bars (hers and Savannahs) plus the sandwich I made her. And still - "hungry"...

After getting turned around a few times trying to get home (yes, I'm still getting lost here. It's very disorientating not to have Mountains so you can see which way you're going. I spin a lot of circles). Anyway, we went to the store for food, got a treat, had lunch and then went out that evening for frozen yogurt. On the way out, we found this great fountain with spouting, or spitting water. At first the girls just wanted to put their feet in...


But very quickly that dissolved into getting completely soaked. It's so hot though, that I was happy to let them in. In fact, I was a little jealous that I was in jeans and unable to join them.




Not sure why they wanted to watch another movie - even Mikalya - but we ended the evening by watching Beverly Hills Chihuahua in "your boss's movie theater" (according to Mikalya, everything is "your boss's...which is correct - but still it's so funny that she says it every time!)

Saturday we slept in, watched the Tour de France (which the girls were surprisingly very interested in), took Bailey on a long walk (from which she is finally recovering I think. Even though I took her plenty of water, when we got back she literally flopped down on her belly, legs spread out at all angles and panted like she was dying!)

It was so hot, the girls were begging to get wet again, so we put on their swimsuits and headed back up to the water spouts where they proceeded to play for hours and hours - making new friends and getting WAY cooler than they had a right to (considering I was there, broiling but way too adult to get in with them).



After going home and getting cleaned up, we headed to my Stake Pioneer Day activity where Mikayla once again showed her huge appetite as she finishes her hotdog, chips and pretzels, watermelon, snow cone and two pieces of cake...


Savannah stuck with mostly watermelon. This was her for about half the dinner.,,


And Mikayla really wanted to do the primary children parade and Savannah decided to accompany her - very reluctantly. I didn't have costumes for them, but as Savannah pointed out, at least they both had "Pioneer braids" in their hair!



When we got home, we read more of A Little Princess (which we started friday) and even had time to watch some...wait for it...CARE BEARS!!!

Sunday - thanks to the braids, their hair was super easy and we found ourselves with a little extra time before church to just hang out (and with 9AM church - I consider that a minor miracle. After church we did our puzzles, read some books, flash cards, fixed lunch, snack, dinner, snack, dessert...

And Savannah was very excited that we managed to get her pyramid puzzle together, then when her dad took it apart and attempted to put it back together again, she had to help him - and in the end finish it for him again!


1 comment:

tami said...

Another great weekend! You just know how to make everything sound so fun...even when you're hot!!

Oh, well, next time you know how to cool off...

Wow! I'm impressed with Savannah being able to do such a hard puzzle!!

Can't wait to come back to Texas and see ya'll!